Fusion Beijing

Fusion Beijing

Postby Kelly S » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm

I was at Fusion the same time as Karina. And as she said, the agency mainly does catalogs and commercial work. I think Fusion probably has the best rates in Beijing, and they also have longstanding relationships with a lot of clients. Fusion girls/guys definitely see clients that are not seen by other agencies. Money-wise, I feel that Fusion is very fair and also doesn't inflate expenses as much as some other agencies in Beijing.

Having said all this, if you are looking for tears or test shoots or building your book--this is probably not the best place (At the time, Esee seemed better for this). I believe one or two magazines may use Fusion models exclusively, and that's pretty much it. They're really not concerned with pushing models for this kind of thing.

Bookers, owner, accountant, staff - all pleasant, honest, respectful, responsible, etc. Don't expect to babied, but if you need something they'll definitely help you out.

Apartments - I wasn't staying in their apartments, but while I was there they were getting rid of all their older units. New apartments were nice, spacious, and right next to the subway.

I completely agree with Karina--it's a commercial agency so the more 'pretty pretty' you are, the better. Booking jobs? More about the booker's suggestion than what model looks like/actually has in her book. Get used to it. Expect it. The industry is new here and clients often don't know what they are looking for.

As far as for men? From what I heard, I think it's probably the strongest agency for Caucasian men in Beijing.

NOTE!
As it is China, be prepared to GO WITH THE FLOW or suffer the consequences :D It's your choice, you can roll with it and laugh--or be crabby all the time. Your choice.

Happy to answer any questions about China or Beijing as I've spent a lot of time there.
Kelly S

Return to FUSION